The forerunner of today’s Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation was the Grayson Foundation, established in 1940. From the beginning, the Foundation’s aim was to support research at existing institutions rather than carry out the research itself. The Jockey Club, which has served as the North American Thoroughbred breed registry since 1894, created its own research Foundation in 1984. Five years later, The Jockey Club Research Foundation was merged with the Grayson Foundation, to be known since then as the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation. In recent years the combined Foundation has been able to allocate more than $750,000 annually in grants.
Address: 821 Corporate Drive
Lexington, KY 40503