Founded in 1912, we are the oldest existing humane society in metropolitan Kansas City. We were originally called The Humane Society of Wyandotte County and two sisters are credited with our founding, Sarah Jacobs and Henriette H. Jacobs. In 1970, we changed our name to The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City and continue to this day to serve the entire metropolitan area. We provide low-cost spay/neuter services and preventive veterinary care. We employ two full-time veterinarians and support staff for our clinic, which is located in our facility. We find homes for over 97% of the pets in our care.
Address: 5445 Parallel Parkway
Kansas, KS 66104